The Music Director, in coordination with the Pastor, will be responsible for the organization and administration of the music program of the church. This responsibility shall include, but is not limited to the following:
- In cooperation with the Pastor and the Worship Committee, select and prepare music for all worship services, which include every Sunday morning plus occasional mid-week services such as Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Christmas Eve; and coordinate with other groups within the church when needed.
- Recommend occasional soloist or ensemble for music selections during the worship service.
- Provide clear and timely communication with all parties: pastor, secretary, singers, musicians, et al.
- Play the piano and/or keyboard as appropriate.
- Maintain the existing music library and propose additional library items when appropriate.
- Select and arrange for a substitute accompanist during vacations or other absences.
Minimum Requirements: Education/: Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent experience
Specific: Proficient in directing and in playing both the piano and keyboard.
Singing ability is not required, but is preferable.
General: Regular attendance
Annual review with Pastor and Personnel Committee
Send resumes to: Tim Meyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a part-time position
Salary and terms are negotiable
New Covenant Community Church
1587 W. Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44313